We are continually looking for talented individuals to join our family who are visually and verbally articulate, business savvy and have a passion for design and technology. If you are up to the challenge feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Currently, we are seeking a junior/senior designer who is a master of all things CS, and has the right mix of left and right brain thinking. This position is intended to be full-time, but freelance and part-time to start. Dating before marriage is always our process.
Senior WordPress and Interactive Media Developer – Full-Time
The ideal candidate should have 3+ years of experience developing intuitive and engaging websites and digital experiences, primarily in WordPress, using custom themes, fields and plugins. This leadership role involves solving creative challenges through development, exploration and integration of new technologies, then packaging solutions to reach new audiences. The candidate will work directly with clients and share our commitment to maintaining and building client partnerships. The candidate must own and manage the development process from concept to delivery. Skill sets include team leadership, project management, proposal development, project budgeting, organization, and clear client communication. This is an onsite role. If you want to be an integral part of a small, but growing, collaborative team, contact us.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and design engaging, modern websites from functional concept, site architecture, and user interface to finished deliverable
- Code and implement WordPress sites from HTML/CSS to a custom theme, functions, and plugins
- Develop and implement new features, enhancements, and content of existing web sites
- Create and update reusable code libraries to streamline WordPress development cycle
- Perform quality assurance and cross-browser compatibility testing
- Facilitate client WordPress training, site documentation and maintenance
- 3+ years experience working in development
- Working knowledge of WordPress theme & plugin development
- Strong understanding PHP (PHP5+), HTML5 & CSS3
- LAMP knowledge understanding of the entire LAMP Stack
- Experience with version control (GIT preferred)
- Experience with React, React Native, and Redux a plus
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Proven leadership, effective communication and task delegation
- Embrace new technologies, best practices and new development trends
- Manage multiple projects, strategies, timelines and budgets.
- Document all issues, changes, and relevant information clearly and concisely
- Work efficiently to ensure uptime and optimum user experience
- Demonstrate excellent relationship management skills with internal and external clients. Ensure that all efforts fit into Miller Designworks existing pipeline.
- Experience working with current Adobe Creative Suite.
- BS in Web Development/Design, Computer Science or similar field preferred
Please submit, along with your resume, URLs of projects you’ve worked on with descriptions of your specific contributions to the project.
About the Company
Since 1984, Miller Designworks (MDW) has created solutions for a broad range of clients and industries, from nationally recognized corporations to local non-profit organizations. Currently a 7-person studio, we are growing in response to an expanding client. Pay is dependent on skill level and experience. We offer competitive salaries, health insurance, and paid vacation time. A closely functioning team, Miller Designworks, located in Phoenixville, provides a warm, family-oriented work environment.