We are continually looking for talented individuals to join our family who are visually and verbally articulate, business savvy and have a passion for design and technology. If you are up to the challenge feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Currently, we are seeking a junior/senior designer who is a master of all things CS, and has the right mix of left and right brain thinking. This position is intended to be full-time, but freelance and part-time to start. Dating before marriage is always our process.
WordPress Developer – Full-Time
Miller Designworks (MDW), an award-winning graphic design firm, is seeking a full-time WordPress Developer. Ideal candidate must have at least 3 years of experience. In addition to interfacing with the MDW team, this candidate will at times work directly with clients. Skill set should include project management, organization, and clear client communication. The type of team member we are looking for will demonstrate a strong work ethic, a flexible attitude, a desire to learn and grow, and a passion for the web, technology & WordPress.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop websites from functional concept, site architecture, and user interface to finished deliverable
- Code and implement WordPress sites from HTML/CSS to a custom theme, functions, and plugins
- Develop and implement new features, enhancements, and content of existing web sites
- Create and update reusable code libraries to streamline WordPress development cycle
- Facilitate client WordPress training, site documentation and maintenance
- 3+ years experience working in development
- Working knowledge of WordPress theme & plugin development
- Working knowledge with PHP (PHP5+), HTML5 & CSS3
- LAMP knowledge understanding of the entire LAMP Stack (Linux/Apache/MySql/PHP)
- Familiarity with version control (GIT preferred)
- Familiarity with React.js and Flux a plus
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Work well with team members and communicate effectively
- Keep current with best practices and new development trends
- Document all issues, changes, and relevant information clearly and concisely
- Work efficiently to ensure uptime and optimum user experience
- Work with end users and management to ensure the products and design work meets their expectations and deadlines
- BS in Computer Science or similar field preferred
Please submit, along with your resume, URLs of projects you’ve worked on with descriptions of your specific contributions to the project.